A society is nothing but a group of individuals who cooperatively form an association in order to achieve a common purpose.
Such societies are usually formed to carry out activities like sports, music, culture, art, religion, education etc.
The minimum requirement to form a society is 7 members. Not only Indian citizens but also, companies,Foreigners and Registered Societies can form a memorandum of society.
Take a look at the society registration procedure
Aavana is your right source
When it comes to society registration, Aavana is your one-stop solution. Our friendly staff will take you through the entire process with ease.
Trust us to take care of all your society registration online procedure as well!
Requirements of society registration
- Seven or more persons who have reached 18 years
- There should be a Registered office and an executive committee should be formed amongst the members
- The Executive Committee will consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer and other Executive Committee Members.
- A brief of the rules and regulations that need to be followed
Purpose of Society Registration
A Society is an association formed by 7 or more members to attain a definite purpose. It can be done for the development of fine arts, science, literature, promotion of charity, education, promotion of sports or the instruction and diffusion of knowledge relating to commerce. According to section 20 of Society Act, 1860, a Society Registration can be done for the following purposes:
- Promotion of fine arts
- Grant of charitable assistance
- Diffusion of political education
- Creation of military orphan funds
- Promotion of science and literature
- Maintenance or foundation of reading rooms or libraries
- Maintenance or foundation of galleries or public museum
- Promotion or diffusion or instruction of useful knowledge