Overall rating is 4.9 out of 5.0 for Aavana by 2030 clients on over 2030+ happy clients .


Make Your FSSAI Food License Registration a Simplified Process with Aavana! Here is how?

We at Aavana take care of your FSSAI Food License Registration. Headquartered at Bangalore we have PAN India presence. For further guidance on acquiring an FSSAI License, you can approach Aavana Corporate Solutions who have expert consultants in Bangalore for answering all your queries.

Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) is a license that is mandatory before commencing any food business. The Indian Food Industry is witnessing a dynamic growth in recent times due to globalization. It has become one of the leading markets for a chain of restaurants and outlets that offer a variety of cuisines across the globe.

All traders, manufacturers, and restaurants who are involved in the food business must and should obtain a 14-digit registration or a license number which must be displayed on the food packages. This step was taken by the government to ensure that food products undergo a strict quality check in order to reduce the chances of adulteration and the use of substandard products.

Documents required for FSSAI registration

Declaration form

Authority letter

Copy of Property paper (If owned property)

Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)

Food Safety Management System plan or certificate

Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)

Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of Proprietor/ Partners/ Director

Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution

FSSAI Food License Registration Deliverables

  • Issue of FSSAI Food License Registration Certificate

Types of FSSAI Food License registration:

  • Basic Registration : This is a basic license , small restaurant should obtain a Basic license because it’s Annual Turnover is below Rs.12 lakhs.
  • State Registration : State license is given for all the food companies that package the food and sell on their own brand having a turnover around 12 lakhs-20 Crores Per Annum
  • Central Registration. : Central license is given to all manufactures of food and turnover should be more than 20 crores per annum .



License / registration with FSSAI is mandatory for every Food Business Operator (FBO). Whether a FBO requires a License or registration depends upon the factors like capacity of production/ handling etc. , nature of food business activities and area of operation. Before making an application to the authority FBO must undergo the eligibility search to understand whether it needs registration or license (State License/Central License)


Every person who is an importer has to apply for a central license at their address which has been registered with DGFT while obtaining Import Export Code. A food business carrying on business at different location needs to apply for separate license for each location. Thus each location will be issued a separate license except transporter where one license will be issued for all the vehicles of a single transporter/ business.


In case an Food Business Operator is operating in more than two states, it has to obtain one additional central License for the Head Office/ Registered Office and separate license for each location , which will again depend upon the factors like capacity of production/ handling etc. , nature of food business activities and area of operation.To do the eligibility search contact us.


If you are importing food products to India, initially you need to apply for Import Export Code (IEC) and thereafter, can apply for FSSAI Central License before the start of the import.
Anyone who is engaged in food business like manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, traders, packers, exporters and importers must possess the FSSAI License. This license is mandatory.
You need to have the FSSAI Central License for export of food products outside India.
Yes. It is legally mandatory for all food business start-ups to get the FSSAI registration to commence their business.
A separate FSSAI License or a registration is required to be obtained for each location based on the business activity and turnover.
If a consumer comes across about any defect in food bought from a shop or a restaurant they can file a complaint with the Food Safety Commissioner of the respective States. You can get the office and the contact details from the website.
FSSAI License or FSSAI Registration is valid from 1 year to 5 years.
success Failure Alert Download now!