Digital Signature Certificate
is nothing but a mathematical process used to verify the authenticity of digital message, certificates and documents. It is a USB drive that has the encrypted signature of a person so that the originality of the signature can be verified.The Digital Signature Certificate
is issued to validate the identity of a person. It is a secured digital key that is issued by the certifying authorities.The DSC
has information in regards to the user’s name, pin code, email address, country, date of issuance of certificate and name of the certifying authority.How to apply for a DSC?Following are the documents required for the application of a DSC•
The application must be filled and submitted by the applicant• Submission of photo ID proof• Submission of address proofThe process followed to obtain DSC
The process for obtaining the DSC has two steps
- SMS verification
- Video verification
- An SMS is sent to the mobile phone of the director
- The director needs to revert back to the SMS from the same number that was previously submitted
- A link is sent to the email address of the director
- This link redirects to the app
- Enter the application ID that is given by the department
- After which the director gets access to a few questions which he/she needs to answer
- The director will have to record a video with clarity and submit it
After the verification, the documents are submitted on the portal and Digital Signature is ready to download in a USB drive.What are the advantages of a DSC?
What are the classes of DSC?
- DSC is used for the purpose of Incorporation of the company
- It is mandatory for all the filings with respect to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- It is also used for several filings that are done in respect to the government portal like GST filing, IT return filing, ROC filing and other such filings.
- Digitally signed certificates give the receiver confidence regarding the authenticity of the signer. Actions can be taken based on such documents without the worry of being forged.
- It saves cost and time.
The type of DSC
and the purpose for which it is being obtained defines the type of DSC one must apply for depending on the need.• Class 1 certificate
-Such certificates are issued to individuals or private subscribers. This certificate is used to obtain the user’s name and e-mail contact details.• Class 2 certificate
-These certificates are issued to the directors or signatory authorities of a company for e-filing with the Registrar of Companies. It is mandatory for individuals who have to sign manually during the filing of returns with the RoC.• Class 3 certificate
– These certificates are used during online participation in e-auctions and online tenders as well. Vendors who wish to participate in online tenders need to mandatorily obtain a Class 3 certificate.The Certifying Authorities are authorized to issue a Digital Signature Certificate with a validity of one or two years.Conclusion
EMudhra has been authorized by the Controller of Certifying Authority for issuing digital signatures. Other certifying authorities include Code Solutions, National Informatics Centre, Safescrypt and Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology.A Digital Signature Certificate
is issued to validate the identity of a person. It holds all the key information of the person who holds the DSC.Contact Information:
Get in touch with our professionals today. Call us at +91-9900328729