One of the main reasons why the Shop and Establishment Act was introduced was to provide perks for the employees who work under various establishments, commercial places, charitable trusts etc.
Few records that need to be maintained under the Act include
All businesses that fall under this Act have to maintain a certain set of records like the validation and approval regarding leaves, pay, deductions etc from the Department of Labour and a total count of the employees needs to be submitted to the Municipal Corporation.
Guidelines that the employers that need to adhere to
There are a few guidelines that the employers need to follow under the shop act license. Such guidelines include:
- Working Hours
- Prohibiting employment of children
- Lunch break and interval
- Weekly holiday
- Leave policy
- Payment of wages
- Cleanliness and Hygiene of workplace
- Lighting and Ventilation
- Safety and precautions
- Record Keeping
- Address Proof of Proprietor / Partners / Director
- ID Proof of Proprietor / Partners / Director such as PAN, Voter Id and Driving License.
- Address Proof of the entity such as Rent Agreement / Ownership Deed/Lease Deed
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association / Company incorporation Certificate in case of Private / Public companies
- Partnership Deed in case of Partnership Firm
- Number of Employees
- Passport size photographs
Validity of the Licence
The license is valid for a period of 5 years. The license needs to be renewed on the completion of a period of 5 years. Any change that has to be made in regards to the registered address, number of employees and so on needs to be intimated to the registration authority within a period of 15 days after the registration has been made.
Get your shop act licence renewal at affordable rates.
The above-mentioned information needs to be kept in mind by every owner who has a Shop and Establishment licence. The Licence is not only required by shops but also other establishments that provide work from home jobs.
For more details regarding online shop registration or shop act licence renewal online, call us at +91-9900328729, +91-80-40909797.