If you are an owner of a shop or establishment in India, it is mandatory to apply for a Shop and Establishment licence. The owner of the shop or establishment needs to file an application to the respected state. The process of Shop and establishment registration differs from state to state. The application must contain the following details :
- The name of the employer
- The name of the establishment
- The address of the establishment
- The category of the establishment
- The number of employees
Procedure followed for the registration in Karnataka
- Visit the site https://labouronline.kar.nic.in/, for online registration/ renewal of shops & establishments license.
- Click on Apply Online menu
- Click on Shops and Commercial Establishments Act. You will be redirected to the Government of Karnataka, Department of Labour where you would register your business.
- Click on New Registrations and fill the form online and then submit it.
- The Username and Password will be generated and send to your mobile number
- Fill and submit the application form online to Chief Inspector of your concerned regional circle office
- Attachment the necessary documents along with the Bank Challan
- You will then get an acknowledgement number
- Submit the physical copy of online application form to the particular regional circle
- Once the Senior Labour Inspector has verified the application, the registration certificate will be issued
Documents that need to be submitted
Address Proof of Proprietor / Partners / Director
- ID Proof of Proprietor / Partners / Director such as PAN, Voter Id and
- Driving License.
- Address Proof of the entity such as Rent Agreement / Ownership Deed/Lease Deed
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association / Company
- incorporation Certificate in case of Private / Public companies
- Partnership Deed in case of Partnership Firm
- Number of Employees
- Passport size photographs
The shop establishment act is a mandate in India. All business owners will require this licence in all stages of their business. However, some establishments that are set up for treatment or care of the handicap or mentally challenged, offices of legal practitioners and medical practitioners where not more than 3 persons are employed are exempt from the registration under this Act.
To get your online registrations done, you need to fill the online shop act registration form. You can also rely on us for shop act licence renewal.
For more details regarding shop act registration online, reach out to us at +91-9900328729, +91-80-40909797.