Every employer who is covered under this Act must adhere to various compliances. The employer must ensure that the monthly contribution is deposited in order to file the ESIC’s half-yearly return and report.
Documents that need to be submitted by the employer for ESI registration
- The License or Registration Certificate issued under Shops and Establishment Acts or Factories Act.
- Rent receipt of the space that you’ re occupying indicating the capacity of the place occupied
- Photocopy of the latest building or property tax receipt
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association, partnership deed, trust deed depending on the entity that is applying for registration
- Photocopy of certificate of commencement of production and/or registration number of GST
- Copy of PAN card
- Evidence in support of the date of commencement production/business/first sale (eg copy of first invoice)
- Monthly employment position, salary etc
- Copy of bank statement
Documents that need to be submitted by the employees
- Duplicate family photo
Records to be maintained for the ESI scheme
- Accident register in Form 11
- Inspection book
- The immediate employer has to maintain a register even for the employees who are deployed under the previous employer
Reports to be submitted by the employer
- Accident report is form 12 in case of any accidents. Absence verification reports of the employee such as attendance records, wages and books of accounts.
Period of contribution and benefit
- The financial year from April to March has been divided into two six month contribution period. The period of benefit commences three months after the end of the contribution period.
|Contribution Period||Benefit period|
|1st April to 30th September||1st January to 30th June (the following year)|
|1st October to 31st March||1st July to 31st December|