A society is a group of individuals who cooperate together to form an association with a common goal in mind. Societies are formed to carry out activities like sports, music, culture, art, religion, education etc.
Following are the documents required for Society registration
- PAN card of all the members of the society to be submitted with the application
- Residence proof of all members needs to be submitted. Proof of residence can be as follows
- Bank statement
- Aadhar card
- Utility bill
- Driving license
- Memorandum of association that is prepared must have the following information
- The objective behind the formation if the society and the work that will be carried out by the society
- Details of the members of the society
- Address of the registered office of the society
- Articles of Association needs to be drafted with the following information
- Rules and regulations that will be implemented while governing the society and the day to day activities as well
- Rules for attaining membership in the society
- Details regarding the meeting that are to be held
- Information about the auditors
- If in case a dispute arises between the members, Forms of attribution must be filed
- Ways in which the dissolution of the society will be carried out should be mentioned
- The objective of the society should be mentioned in the covering letter and must be attached at the beginning of the application.
- A copy of proof of the registered office address of the society along with an NOC from the landlord
- List of names of all the members of the governing body along with their signatures
- The president of the society must give a declaration stating that he’s willing to hold the post.
Two copies of all the above-mentioned documents needs to be submitted to the Registrar of Societies along with the stipulated fee. Once the application is received by the Registrar, he signs the first copy as an acknowledgement and keeps the second copy for approval.