ESI is a self-financing social security and healthcare benefit that is given to Indian workers. This fund is managed by the Employee State Insurance Corporation according to the rules that are listed out in the ESI Act 1948.
List of documents required for ESI registration
- The License or Registration Certificate issued under Shops and Establishment Acts or Factories Act.
- Rent receipt of the space that you’ re occupying indicating the capacity of the place occupied
- Photocopy of the latest building or property tax receipt
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association, partnership deed, trust deed depending on the entity that is applying for registration
- Photocopy of certificate of commencement of production and/or registration number of GST
- Copy of PAN card
- Evidence in support of the date of commencement production/business/first sale (eg copy of first invoice)
- Monthly employment position, salary etc
- Copy of bank statement