DIN (Director Identification Number) Application
A company being an artificial embodiment, needs certain existing and breathing people to run the show effectively. Hence as per the government norms and the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the company, appointing of a Director is very important. Once the Director is appointed a unique identity is given to him called Director Identification Number (DIN).
This identification being obligatory for any Director appointed, once the Director Identification Number is allocated it contains personal information and a unique code as identifier. This DIN number is given by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs which enlists the responsibilities of the DIN holder in giving out all the necessary information.
Why the need for DIN Number
As per recent amendment of the Companies Act 1956, every individual who wants to be Director of a company/companies has to procure the Director Identification Number which clearly outlines their background and responsibilities. Also this identification holds importance like:
- To trace the whereabouts on the Directors of the companies which have either closed or vanished after having raised capital from investors
- Only one DIN Number is issued to a Director irrespective of the companies he handles. Read More
How to Apply for DIN in India?
- Fill the DIN1 Application
- Scan the supporting documents
- Upload the Form
- Approved DIN is initiated
- DIN must be communicated to the company
- E Form DIR-6 has to be submitted to make any changes.
Sometimes it is a cumbersome process for individuals to process the Director Identification Number due to various reasons like, improper information, not uploading the necessary documents, how to go about if the DIN application is rejected and various other queries. You can put a full stop to all your problems in applying for DIN by just approaching Aavana.
We will help in structuring all the required documents and also complete the process smoothly. If any queries arise in the process, our team will ensure that no stone is left unturned in getting the DIN number. We give the assurance that the quality of services is uncompromised and at effective pricing too. Read less
DIR-3 KYC FORM
Applying your DIN is done through an e-Form called DIR-3. On July 5th 2018 the MCA has notified the rolling out of DIR-3 KYC eForm in pursuant of Rule 12A of the Companies Rule 2014 which states that every individual holding a DIN on or before 31st March 2018 or even if the DIN is in ‘Approved Status’ needs to file the DIR-3 KYC.
Pre-requisites of the DIR-3 KYC Form:
Individuals holding the DIN before or as on 31st March 2018 or in approved status need to file before 31st August 2018
(Note: Individuals who have applied for DIN after 31st March 2018 need to file DIR-3 KYC before 30th April 2019)
- Filing of the DIR-3 KYC form after 31st August 2018 will incur a penalty of Rs. 5000/-
- This form is mandatory also for the Deactivated DINs.
- If the form is not filed before the due date the DIN will be deactivated and will be reactivated only after 31st August upon payment of the prescribed penalty.
- The Directors of the company has to do digital signatures on the DIR-3 KYC form and get it verified or duly certified by a Chartered accountant or a Company Secretary.
- This is to check whether the Directors are genuine, if the documents submitted is right or the personal details provided is correct
Documents required for filing DIR-3 KYC
- DSC OF Directors
- Updated Contact details (Mobile number, email Id)
Particulars required a the time of filling the DIR-3 KYC Form:
- DIN of the Directors that should have the ‘Approved’ status, and the deactivated ones which are due to non filing before the due date
- Name as per PAN details
- Proper date of birth as he/she must b above 18 years of age
- Income Tax PAN Number to be entered and verified
- Exact personal details to be entered
- Whether you are a resident or non resident of India
- Permanent and present residential address
At Aavana we will help our existing clients and those who are in need in filing the DIR-3 KYC form. We will intimate in prior on the due dates and follow-up is done on regular basis to procure the documents and file the form on time.You just have to provide us the information required and rest assured that your work is done avoiding the penalties.