Take Your Copyright Registration a Further Step With Aavana!
Have you published a book, or written a script for a movie or have drawn some exquisite paintings? What will you do if your work has been copied by someone else? Do not let your hard work go down the drain! You need to have exclusive rights for this to safeguard your work. This is where Copyright registration comes into the act. Copyright registration gives you the complete power of your works.
Copyright Registration with Aavana
Aavana is one of the leading consultants for providing ene-to-end financial services. Having our head office in Bangalore, we have PAN India presence. We have subject experts who can guide you from filling of the application to the final process of getting the copyright registration not only in Bangalore but all over India.
Copyright is an intellectual property right conferred upon the owner for his/her original works. A copyright can be books, movie scripts, songs, recordings or anything for that matter that is original in nature. Nobody else can use the original works of the owner without his/her consent in writing.
The owner of the copyright can sue if he/she finds that their work has been violated. This right was initiated by the government under The Copyright Act of 1957 in order to safeguard the interest of the curators. The protection given by the copyright creates an atmosphere conducive to creativity, which leads them to create more such original works and motivates others too.
Documents Required for Copyright Registration
The Title of the work
Complete address of the author
Power of Attorney
Three copies of work
Requirements for Copyright Registration
- Applicant’s personal details like name, address, nationality, nature of applicant’s interest in the copyright.
- Description of work whether it’s literary, designing, artwork, films, the title of the work, the language in which the work is done.
- Date of publication, year and Country of publication.
- In case the applicant is a partnership firm, the names of all the partners and their shares in the copyright.
- The firm itself cannot be the author of a work, hence details of the person/ persons who have actually created the work may be furnished.
- A No Objection Certificate must be provided if the work is published by a person other than the applicant
Benefits of Copyright Registration
- Work gets Public Attention One of the important benefits of copyright registration is that your work gets noticed by the public around the world. It becomes a searchable aspect in the copyright registry database.
- Legal Protection Once the copyright of your work is registered it gives a legal protection of your work. It ultimately safeguards your work and prevents others not to use without your authorization.
- Viability of the work Copyright Registration of your work avoids any future challenges regarding your work if done within five years of publication.
- Claim for damages You can claim for damages and attorney fees if you find that your copyright work has been infringed by someone. You can also sue the person to the court of law for violation.
- Copyright is an asset It creates an intellectual property for the owner. It is considered to be an intangible asset and can be sold or franchised.